As an author and speaker Wayne Jacobsen travels the world helping people find freedom from performance-based religion and to embrace a relationship with God more deeply rooted in his affection for them. His most popular titles include He Loves Me: Learning to Live in the Father’s Affection, So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore, Finding Church, In Season, and A Man Like No Other. Wayne was also a co-writer and publisher of The Shack, which sold over twenty million copies worldwide. Two of his books are now being adapted into movies for theatrical release. A former pastor, Wayne now hosts Lifestream.org, which provides resources for spiritual growth and a podcast at TheGodJourney.com to encourage people thinking outside the box of organized religion, both have inspired countless people to a more vibrant faith. He has been married to Sara for 43 years and lives in Southern California where they enjoy their adult children and grandchildren. Early in his career, Wayne experienced a profound betrayal from a close friend that resulted in him losing his job. It brought about a two year season of uncertainty, hurt, loss and a whole lot of healing, learning and discovery. Join us this week as Wayne takes us on his journey through betrayal, and finding his way into a more vibrant career and faith journey.
- Its 3:00 AM, be ready to flea
- No time to process before being thrown into another
- What IS the right thing to say?
- I will laugh, I will smile again
- Embrace the hurt, validate it
- There was no good answer- no way to fix this
- For the first time in my life, I was alone with my faith
- One foot in front of the other
- Something’s different
- Being a performer is exhausting: what’s enough mean?
- Earning it doesn’t get us there
- Hurt people hurt people
- The truth will set you free
- Let it marinate, sit on it for a minute
- Get in touch with something bigger
- Find your heart, not fix your pain- persevere!