Cher Anderton works as an elementary school counselor in Shoreline, WA, as well as licensed therapist. In her private practice, Cher works with women adolescent age and older, and primarily focuses on trauma and parent coaching. Cher is a certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator. Her biggest passion and calling is helping parents and individuals move through life in healthier, more connected ways. Cher has four kids of her own, ages 11-17.
As a parent, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the the transition to another school year. In this episode, Cher shares what she’s learned from her own parenting journey along with some helpful thoughts to prepare parents for the Fall transition. Join us as we discuss:
- Developing as a parent begins by doing your own work
- Parenting as reactionary and “taking it personally”
- Our kids as personal “development coaches” who show us where we need to heal and grow
- Parenting “do-overs” that strengthen the relationship and build skills
- The Summer time routine at home and preparing for the Fall
- It’s never too late to add parenting tools
- Becoming “flipped” as a parent
- Engaging our stories and learning the tools to rewire unhelpful parenting patterns
- Boundaried and kind as a positive discipline
- Unboundaried busyness and “to-dos” that steals away precious time
- An overview of positive parenting
Cher will be bringing her expertise to The PIER Learning Center at Liminal Space to lead a workshop called Positive Parenting: Helpful tools to to ease the transition back to school on Tuesday, August 14. It will also be offered a second time on Thursday, 8/23. Join us! Tickets are limited.
Cher Anderton’s Contact Info:
- Instagram: @cher_andertonllc
- Facebook: @cheranderton
- Website: cheranderton.com
Head over to her website for more info about her therapy practice and the parent education classes she’s currently offering. Cher is also developing a YouTube channel with short videos on Positive Discipline parenting techniques as well as building content for a Q&A style parenting video format.